if you are not a christian or don't know what a christian is you should click here. if you think you are a christianclick here to test yourself. if you think your good enough you should click here.

Monday, February 27, 2012

I Can't Handle It!


I Can’t Handle it! I Can’t Take Anymore!  These are thoughts that have entered my mind many times, particularly over the past 6 years.  Our family has had a really long hard six years.  We have learned a lot and learned what is really important in life. We’ve learned to rely on Jesus Christ alone, but that does not make the hard times any easier. Despite how I have seen the Lord’s faithfulness over and over again, I still worry and fear.  Many, many times I have thought I could not handle what God had dished out to us. And you know what?  I was right!
There are people who say, sometimes even that the Bible says, that God will not give us more than we can handle.  Can you find where the Bible says that?  I can’t.  I do find this verse in 1 Cor. 10:13  No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.  But absolutely nowhere in that verse does it say that He will not give us more that we can handle. 
You see I believe God purposely will give us more that we can handle. I know he has given me more than I can handle on more than one occasion. Sometimes he has even metaphorically knocked my feet out from under me. You see it is at this point, the point of total utter desperation, when I cry out “God I can’t Handle this!” that He replies, “I know you can’t, but I can”. 
It is the same principle that we see in the Footprints in the Sand Story.  In the worst times of our life, there is only one set of Footprints, not because the Lord has abandoned us, but because it is then that He is carrying us.


In 2 Cor 12:9-10 the Lord tells us, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” And the Paul says, “Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
When I am weak, I am strong but only in His strength.  My own strength is feeble at best. His strength is stronger than I can imagine.  



Here's a great song.

No comments: